Leader in Me: Habit #3 Put First Things First (work and then play, stay organized and recognizing what is most important)
Each student was assigned a classroom “job” this week, and they are so, so excited to help out in our classroom! The jobs will change throughout the year. I have been impressed with how responsible they have been with their jobs!
Reading: We learned all about Johnny Appleseed!
We added Word Work to the Daily 5. We have Read to Self and Word Work implemented in our room! They love word work. Students are working on matching uppercase and lowercase letters, writing names, letters and words. The next component of the Daily 5 will be Listen to Reading.
Sight Words: Each week students will learn 2 new sight words at school. The two words they learned this week were am, at. Next week’s words are: can, go
Each Friday, I will give a spelling test on the 2 words they worked on throughout the week. This is not for a grade, it’s just a quick way for me to see who needs extra help.
Handwriting: Students learned how to form letters B, N and and the number 2.
Math: We completed our second math test and it came home earlier this week. The class did very well on the test! We started Topic 3 in math this week. Students will explore the numbers 6-10.
What you can work on at home:
- If your child has all alphabet letters mastered (uppercase and lowercase), the next step is mastering letter sounds
- Sight words- I sent a letter home with the first list this week. Students work at their own pace learning these words throughout the year. Send it back when your child can read all of the words and I will send the next list home. Working on these will make a HUGE difference at school for your child in reading and writing. THANK YOU for helping with this.
We will have our first class party on Friday, October 20th at 11:30. We will eat pizza for lunch. Please send in $2 to help with the cost of the pizza no later than October 19th. You will not need to send/order a lunch that day. Parents are welcome to join us! It is a half day of school, so you can take your child with you after the party.
Red Ribbon Week
The theme will be "I Love My Drug Free Selfie!"
Dress up days:Monday- "Give drugs the boot" Western Wear
Tuesday-"Get your red on" Wear Red
Wednesday- "Drugs get in the way of your dreams" PJ Day
Thursday-"Don't be crazy, don't do drugs" Crazy hair day
Friday- "Willard Tigers say no to drugs" Wear your tiger gear
Fri: Happy Birthday Freya! (½ day of school)
- to sign up for Remind for our classroom (class reminders will get sent right to your phone!), and join the class Facebook page-this is where I post pics of what is happening in our classroom!
- Library is every Monday
- PE days are Monday and Tuesday
- Send a coat on chilly days! We will go outside for recess if it is 32 degrees or above unless it is raining
October 19th- Mrs. Woods absent - I have a district meeting, there will be a substitute
October 20th -Fall Party @ 11:30
School dismissed at 12:30
Oct 23-27 Red Ribbon Week
Oct 31st & Nov 2- Parent Teacher Conferences (I will send reminders home the week before)