Helpers This Week
VALENTINE’S DAY REMINDERS
We will be eating pizza in the classroom for Valentine’s Day on Thursday at 11:30.
Every child will need something to hold their Valentine cards. This can be a decorated box or even a simple bag.
SNOW MAKE-UP DAY
School WILL be in session Friday, February 13th to make up for our missed day last week. Monday, February 16th will be a teacher workday but students will be out.
- PE on Mondays and Tuesdays (tennis shoes)
- Library on Wednesdays (bring book back on or before Wednesdays)
- Valentine Grams are on sale this week
Ask your child about...
- Writing a letter; finishing our How-To unit this week in writing
- learning about seasons (winter) in science
- Making connections in Splat the Cat read alouds
- "Flippy Dolphin" reading strategy (flipping the vowel sound in a word if it doesn't make sense)
- 3-D shapes and Candy Heart Graphing in Math